Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 13


This is what I wish I looked like in jeans. (from bodybuilding.com) For some reason I can NEVER look skinny in jeans.
I’m pretty proud of how I did over the 4 day weekend:

Wednesday’s Intake:
BW: Protein Powder w/ light soy milkAW: Protein Powder w/ waterS: 2 egg whites, 1 yoke, oatmeal w/ dried cranberries and Splenda
L: 2 Wheat tortillas w/ chicken, green salsa, 1 tsp sour cream, hummus and edamameS: Green Apple w/ Peanut ButterD: 1 serving Smart Start cereal (dry), Progresso Low Fat Beef Vegetable soup
S: Protein w/ light soy milk

Thursday’s Intake:
B: Smart Start w/ Light soy milk, protein powder w/ water
S: Protein powder w/ waterL: Whole wheat pita, grilled chicken, cucumber, tomato, black olives, peppercinis, low fat tzatzaki sauce.
S: Grapefruit w/ 1 tsp sugar
D: Protein powder w/ light soy milk, sweet potato w/ ICBINB spray and cinnamon

Friday’s Intake:
B: 3 egg whites, oatmeal w/ cranberries, real maple syrup.L: Progresso low fat Beef Vegetable soup, grapefruit w/ ½ tsp sugar.S: Kashi cereal barD: small piece lean beef (carne asada), sweet potato w/ ICBINB and cinnamon, protein shake w/ light soy milk

Saturday’s Intake (Cheat Day):
B: 1 Blueberry pancake, 1 piece bacon, protein powder w/ waterS: 1 small piece toffee, few rice cake minis, sour candyL: 6 oz sirloin steak w/ A1 Sauce, 6 oz chili, green salad w/ ranch, 1 rollS: Non Fat no sugar added frozen yogurt w/ mochi
S: 2 glasses white zinfandel

Sunday’s Intake:B: Whole Wheat toast w/ cottage cheese, grapefruit w/ ½ tsp sugarL: Jamba Juice 16 oz strawberries, soy ilk, ice + protein D: 3 brussel sprouts fried, ½ portion sweet potato w/ cinnamon, lots of skinless white turkey breast, gravy.

4 Day Weekend WooHoo!:
I diligently wrote down everything I ate over the 4 day weekend and I did make it to the gym on Thursday and did 45 minutes cardio. I knew it would be a struggle going to the gym, because I live about 30 minutes away from the gym. The only reason I go to it is because it’s sort of the half way point between my house and my work, so when I’m not at work I’m basically doing 1 hour driving time to just go to the gym.

Cheat day I took my hubby to Texas Roadhouse, this restaurant with really great steak and ribs. Their hot rolls are TO DIE FOR, they melt in your mouth….yummy! I promised myself I would only have 1 roll even though I was on my cheat day and I did J

Stubborn Cook:
We don’t really celebrate Thanksgiving, but we got an impromptu invitation to dinner after church at a friend’s house…which ended up being basically a huge Thanksgiving dinner: turkey, stuffing, gravy, brussel sprouts (fried in bacon grease), white potatoes and sweet potatoes, cheese smothered cauliflower, wine and ice cream.

I let my friend the hostess know that I would eat only the sweet potatoes and the turkey breast. But she is one of those chubby people who push fatty foods on you (I love her to death but that is how she is) and she put the brussel sprouts and the gravy on my plate insisting that I eat it. Talk about a difficult situation. I mean the food is ON MY PLATE and the cook is staring right at me. So I ate three of the brussel sprouts, I don’t even like them and I knew that they were sautéed in bacon grease. Besides that I think I did pretty well.

Pushing Myself Harder:
On Thursday and this morning in cardio I pushed myself way farther than I have been. Remember I said I listen to the CD with the personal trainer and that it lasts only 30 minutes? Well I’ve been rewinding it and doing the workout part twice, which ends up being exactly 45 minutes with the warm up and cool down. I also have moved up my “steady state” which is what I do in between sprints and hills, before I was walking and now I’m doing a slow jog. I feel so good after the cardio, I’m all red-faced and sweating and I feel great.

I Read the Book:
Over the wonderfully-lazy-yet-still-on-track weekend, I read Body For Life for Women cover to cover. What a great read. I’ve been somewhat following the Body for Life philosophies that I have been able to gather from their website already, so I figured I’d read the book. I chose to read the “woman” version. I loved it! It has such a “You Go Girl!” type of message. Very tailored to women and the daily struggles we meet in our various stages of life, as well as our unique emotional struggles with weight loss. The transformation stories were so inspiring. It was great reading about women of all ages and lifestyles speak of their physical, mental and emotional 12-week transformation.

The only difference I noted was in the diet, I think the original Body for Life is what encourages the “cheat day” which is what I have been doing. The Body for Life for Women doesn’t have a cheat day but simply encourages one to eat clean for 80% of the time and to indulge in “mini chills” like having a little chocolate when you need it and savoring it. Well, personally the cheat day works just fine for me. I think if I allowed myself mini chills I would too easily fall off the wagon into Chocolate Land. So I’m going to stick to the original Body for Life, it’s working for me.

No comments: