Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Day 14


So many motivating photos of strong bodies on bodybuilding.com...I wish I can be on there one day.
I am a strong and powerful woman!!!!!

Yesterday’s Intake:

BW: wheat toast w/ low fat cottage cheese
AW: Protein powder w/ water
S: grilled chicken, cherry tomatoes, ½ avocado, organic vinaigrette
L: tuna fish, pickle, 2 slices whole wheat bread, 1 grapefruit w/ Splenda
S: Fat Free yogurt, 1 oz. almonds
D: beans w/ 2 tbl. BBQ sauce, protein shake w/ light soy milk

Confused about Healthy Fats:
Yeah yeah yeah, I know that I should already know this with all my knowledge about nutrition but….is eating healthy fats good or bad for losing fat? When dieting in the past, I always avoided foods like almonds and avocados knowing that they have lots of good fats but fats none the less. It just seems logical that if you are trying to LOSE fat on your body, you shouldn’t voluntarily EAT fat. But there are so many articles about how avocados and almonds are good for your health. So I’m confused. But I did notice that on the Body for Life website they list avocado as a permitted fat but not almonds. Does that mean almonds are worse? Nevertheless, I plan to eat both this week regularly because I like them and they keep me filling full.

Review of Lipo 6:
I’m usually against all those supplements that people take – bodybuilder or couch potato – because I pretty much believe that they are all one big marketing hoax. They are always really expensive and I think I can lose weight and gain muscle the old-fashioned way: diet and exercise. But….

Yesterday I got my shipment from bodybuilding.com :) With my multi-vitamins and protein. I was excited! I got a sample pack so I get to try all the different flavors of protein powders. This is something I drink daily so I’m excited to mix it up a bit. Anyways, they had this fat burner Lipo 6 and Lipo 6 for Women. They were free samples so I went ahead and tried the woman one.

OMG! I was miserable for about three hours afterwards. Maybe it’s because I took two capsules, maybe I should have taken just one to start out. Or maybe it’s because there is caffeine in them. I was once a total caffeine addict: 2 cups of coffee everyday an energy drink every other day. Now I might have one or the other about every 2 months. I drink decaf green tea every morning instead and every now and then I’ll have ½ of a Decaf 5 Hour Energy. So needless to say caffeine REALLY affects me now. I had a headache and my stomach was churning and I was shaky it was horrible.

Now I have two capsules left (one serving) and I’m trying to decide whether I should take just one at a time with food. I guess it’s so tempting because I’m secretly hoping it will work and burn some fat.

My Workout Routine:
Here is the basic workout routine I have made for myself:
Monday: 45 minutes cardio on treadmill
Tuesday: 10 minutes warm up on treadmill, 30 minutes resistance training on lower body. 5 minutes resistance on abs and crunches.
Wednesday: 45 minutes cardio on treadmill
Thursday: 10 minutes warm up on treadmill, 30 minutes resistance training on upper body. 5 minutes resistance on abs and crunches.
Friday: 45 minutes cardio on treadmill

I wish I could have a fitness buff/bodybuilder check out my weight training because I feel like it’s something I’ve yet to master. I always feel like everyone is looking at me and critiquing me. Like watching how small of weights I use or thinking about how I’m standing the wrong way. Fortunately it seems to be improving (slightly) now that I’m going regularly. Because I’m a tiny bit more comfortable and there are some familiar faces. Like today this trainer that works there was really nice to give me some tips on this hamstring machine.

I want to be stronger and firmer so bad.

Still haven't weighed myself:
It's been two weeks. Should I do it? What if I didn't lose any weight? That would be really discouraging. Should I do it every two weeks? I'm thinking of being chicken and doing it like every 4 weeks.

2 comments:

Kyle and Darci said...

def weigh....see your progress!! i'm bet you'll have a loss!! i wandered on over to bodybuilding.com and checked out some of the pics...so motivating! I can't wait to get to that point...where I can be motivating for someone else!

Kyle and Darci said...

btw, I found great comments in my fitness magazine last night about almonds...i'll put it with my post today!