Friday, December 12, 2008

Day 24

I want to be able to walk on the beach without grabbing a towel.

Yesterday’s Intake:

BW: whole wheat toast with fat free cottage cheese
B: Protein powder w/ water
S: grilled tofu, ½ cucumber, tomatoes, vinaigrette
L: Kashi Go Lean cereal, light soy milk, protein w/ water, broccoli/carrots w/ ICBINB spray
S: Fat free cottage cheese + blueberries + 1 oz. almonds
D: asparagus and tofu baked with vinaigrette

I’m Pooped:
I am so exhausted today! And I’m so happy it is Friday so that I can rest tomorrow and Sunday. I have been working SO hard at work. We are moving offices December 30th so for the past two days I have been cleaning/packing/recycling our offices’ attic, today I should be done finally. Anyways, we have a huge office and I have been going up and down two flights of stairs carrying heavy bins full of recycle and trash to the parking lot outside and lifting and sorting heavy boxes in the attic….all day yesterday and all day today. This has been a workout in itself!

Then last night I watched a movie with my hubby and didn’t get to sleep until about 10pm. I SO did not want to get up today. Usually by the time I get to the gym and get on the treadmill to start my cardio, I’ve woken up by then…not today! Today I was still tired throughout the whole workout. I really really had to kick myself in the butt to do my cardio at my normal level. But I did! :)

Trainer’s Tips:
Okay so the trainer that has been giving me tips told me that it’s preferable that I do the “pushing” exercises and “pulling” exercises not only separate but on different days. (see yesterday’s blog) What this pretty much means is that I should only focus on two-three muscles a day to work on, vs. upper body one day and lower body the next. Which basically means: I need to do more days of strength training than just two.

He generously offered to spend some time with me next week and show me what he does with the women he trains. He was telling me about a woman he is training right now. He said she started out 4 weeks ago with “cottage cheese thighs” and now after just 4 weeks she has really really transformed her legs.

My gym offers five 25 minute training sessions for $99. I was wondering if I should take advantage of that (since it’s only 25 minutes I could go during my lunch and just do cardio in the mornings) and get a routine that will really help me get results. But should I if the trainers already offering to show me stuff for free? I don’t want to be like taking advantage of him.

What do you girls think?

3 comments:

JC said...

I think you should take him up on the offer. It's their decision to give you some advice on their watch for free, and if it was not appropriate they wouldn't offer it. It is probably a bit of a marketing technique too because you'll know if you are a good fit with the trainer and/or if you like their method/style of training. If you like what they have to offer, then they can sell you a service. It makes sense to me.

ashgc82 said...

Just wanted to say that I love your blog! I'm new to the blog world..so check mine out if you get a chance!

Kyle and Darci said...

might not be a bad idea to try it out. and i think that is a pretty good price. i noticed the other day my gym is $100 for 4 20 min sessions. you'll have to let us know what you decide! btw, i've done two days of weights and feel great...thanks for the encouragement...i want to be toned...not flabby!!